By Robert “Rob Base” GreenwoodTeenage Mutant Ninja Turtles issue #24
What more can I say? Where does the praise end? I can’t do it anymore. I want to be mean. I want to hate, but I just can’t. So, where do I start? (Spoilers) If you have not read this series, I will wait for you to catch up. ……. Ok, we good?
Casey Jones is finally out of the coma as Raph, Mikey, Don and Splinter search for Leo (who has been captured by Shredder). Splinter reluctantly agrees to work with Old Hob and Slash.
When Splinter, Raph,Don and Mikey finally finds the Shredder and his clan, all hell breaks loose. The Turtles and Splinter are reunited with Leo, but what happens isn’t the happiest of family reunions.
This series keeps getting better and better. The art is top notch and the inclusion of Old Hob and Slash just adds to the series extremely well. I keep giving this series high marks but that is because it is always solid and this is no different.
I give TMNT #24 a solid 5/5 and if you really aren’t reading this series, you need to!
Agree? Disagree? Let me know.Follow on Twitter @AltMindz
TMNT #24 from IDW. ”City Fall, Part 3.” Original IDW solicitation details below. Available July 31, 2013.
- Cover A (Mateus Santolouco) – regular cover
- Cover B (Kevin Eastman) – regular cover
- Cover RI (Freddie Williams III) – 10 copy Retailer Incentive cover
- Cover RE Jetpack #1 (Kevin Eastman) – Jetpack Comics Retailer Exclusive cover, Eastman roughs; limited to 1,000 copies; available only from Jetpack Comics
- Cover RE Jetpack #2 – Jetpack Comics Retailer Exclusive cover, black; limited to 250 copies; available only from Jetpack Comics Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (w) • Mateus Santolouco (a) • Santolouco, Eastman (c)“CITY FALL” part 3: With the hunt on for Leonardo, the remaining Turtles take whatever help they can get… but can they trust a truce with Old Hob?! A startling climax will change the Turtles forever!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Freddie Williams III variant cover!
By Robert “Rob Base” Greenwood
I have sung the praises of TMNT and IDW a lot these past few months. Honestly I want to be the one to say “This Book Sucks!” But I can’t.
It would be an outright lie if I told you I hated this series and there is no reason to say that. TMNT has been the most consistent story and solid read for months now. Their spin-off one shots are masterful and each color classics makes me happy that I can still say that I love being a turtle fan.
The issue in question made me grab my mouth a few times in that “OMG” type moment, something films have left me not doing in a long time. This issue continues and ties in two other one shots “Old Hob” and “the secret origins of the Foot Clan”. (Both I highly recommended)
Casey is near death and Leo kidnapped, this is how we start this issue and from here on in it goes straight into the pits of hell. The Remaining Turtles lead by Master Splinter search for Leo as Casey fights to stay alive.
This Issue is striking and gripping and all within 32 pages. I think Marvel and DC need to read what a solid book looks like!
This is a no brainier 5/5 and a must add to your pull list.
TMNT (Ongoing) #23
Writer: Waltz, Tom
Artist: Santolouco, Mateus
Cover Artist: Eastman, Kevin
On Sale: June 26, 2013
Diamond Id: APR130356
Follow me on Twitter @AltMindz
Follow Suine on Twitter @Suine_Hallock